In this episode ofUntamed byUntamed Artistry, Trina Dial, Chief Executive Officer at Maven Artistry, talks about creation and solving problems with a product line.
Maven Artistry develops and sells innovative beauty products and is known as an expert in lash artistry education.
What’s particularly fascinating about this business is that Trina has not followed the typical “success blueprint” to achieve success. Instead, she’s deliberately chosen the path of doing most of the business activities on her own, with the help of her husband. Interestingly enough, she hasn’t needed to push the business to make it grow.
The interview covers:
- The future of education in the lash industry (remote work, trainers, and mentorships).
- In order to create and innovate products you have to have the experience of what works and what doesn't work. Because ultimately you need to create something that solves a problem.
- How to deal with copycats: When others copy your innovations, don’t waste time mulling over it and allowing it to eat at you, as this is just a distraction from some other great things you could be doing. Keep your focus!
- The most effective marketing method Trina uses (hint: word-of-mouth and relationship building are her two primary keys). Being intentional with your marketing.
Many artists believe that there's one blueprint to running and growing a business. They believe that you have to follow the roadmap, but Trina has had so much success by doing things her way. Trina says,“I learned really quickly what was meant for me and what wasn't.”
- Tips to differentiate yourself from the market. Tip number one is to be authentic to yourself and don’t copy what other people are doing.
This episode is brought to you by Untamed Artistry
Untamed Artistry is your one-stop lash biz shop: combining helpful knowledge and amazing eyelash extension products (hand-tested in our lash nerd lab). We want to make you successful by giving you high-quality products and showing you what you need to use them well. Find great products, all the education you could ever want, and a healthy dose of quirk atuntamedartistry.com