In this episode of Untamed by Untamed Artistry, Cheryl Peng, Founder and CEO of Untamed Artistry, shares her greatest career victories and mistakes in the hopes that her experiences may encourage others.
In this honest and vulnerable conversation, listen as Cheryl shares:
- Her most celebrated moments professionally and personally.
- How nothing she did came to fruition. Although she always had great ideas in her head, the interest to take action and see them through never stayed, but launching a product line changed that.
- Cheryl took a high financial risk to launch her product line. This gave her personal satisfaction because she understood that her investment meant she truly believed in her products.
- Her biggest mistake was putting too much trust in a lash manufacturer and purchasing too much inventory upfront only to receive faulty products. She explains how she overcame the issue with honesty, but that this cost her potential profits. Although a hard lesson, honesty proved to be the best policy because, through it, she gained loyal customers who appreciated her transparency.
- How she made the leap from a career as a poker player to a career in beauty.
- Tips for people who are trying to make more difficult decisions in their lives, such as dealing with fear, emotions, and decision-making.
This episode is brought to you by Untamed Artistry
Untamed Artistry is your one-stop lash biz shop: combining helpful knowledge and amazing eyelash extension products (hand-tested in our lash nerd lab). We want to make you successful by giving you high-quality products and showing you what you need to use them well. Find great products, all the education you could ever want, and a healthy dose of quirk at untamedartistry.com